Reading Time: 60 Seconds
Did you know that if you’re owed more than £750 and the debt is undisputed you already have a very effective weapon up your sleeve – one that does not involve you having to go to the courts?
Issue a Statutory Demand – It’s Fast and Packs a Punch!
You can issue a Statutory Demand and in effect, you can force your debtor to either settle or go bankrupt within 3 weeks. This method is highly effective if you feel you are getting ‘the run-around’ – especially if you’re confident your debtor has the means to pay you.
Here’s a snapshot of the process
- If you are owed more than £750.00 and the debt is undisputed the debtor can be issued a Statutory Demand
- A formal demand is sent to the debtor and it must be set out in a specified format, the format can be found in the insolvency rules.
- Generally a solicitor will draft the demand and arrange for it to be served on or sent to the debtor; our company lawyers are able to undertake this work for you at a relatively low cost
- If the debt remains unpaid after 21 days you can petition the court to wind up the company or make an individual bankrupt.
- The thought of being wound up or made bankrupt often has the desired effect!
If you would like any further information, call us today on 01527 543 672 or contact us here for a no obligation chat.
Remember, we collect debts for a living.